Take a class with us!
Welcome to Parnell Trust's programme of Community Classes. With more than 60 classes to choose from, there's plenty to learn and new talents to discover or cultivate throughout the year.
At Parnell Communty Centre we offer a fresh programme twice a year, with classes and workshops led by knowledgeable and experienced tutors. Our programme for Terms 1 & 2 runs from January to June; the Terms 3 & 4 programme runs from July to December.
Most classes and activities are held in the Jubilee Building, at 545 Parnell Road, where there's plenty of parking outside business hours. Other classes are held nearby at our Glanville Community Campus at 27 Glanville Terrace, Parnell.
Our latest programme
Most Term 1 classes have already begun, but a number of workshops are held throughout the term. Term 2 classes start from May 1, 2017.
Here's a snapshot of our current classes below. Please go to our Enrolment page for detailed descriptions of all classes and workshops, and to enrol online.
- Chinese - Mandarin - Beginners, Post Beginners and Intermediate classes
- French - Beginners, Post Beginners and Intermediate classes
- Italian - Beginners, Post Beginners, Intermediate and Intermediate Conversation classes
- Portuguese - Beginners and Post Beginners classes
- Spanish - Beginners, Post Beginners and Intermediate classes
More info on Culture & Languages classes
- Everyday Engilsh - Beginners & Post Beginners intensive classes: 16 classes in 8 weeks
- Workplace English - Post Beginners/Intermediate class
- Conversation & Vocabulary - Intermediate and above class
- Fluency and Pronunciation - Intermediate and above class
More info on ESOL / General English classes
- Hatha Yoga - Beginners and Continuing classes
- Intuitive Meditation
- Mindful Movement
- Pilates Day Classes - two sessions on Mondays & Thursdays
- Pilates Evening Classes - Continuing class
- Tai Chi & Chi Khung - Beginners, Post Beginners and Continuing classes
More info on Healthy Body & Mind classes
- Step into Your Future
- Design your Life
- Digital Literacy for Job Seekers
More info on Pathways to Success classes
- Anyone Can Learn to Draw
- Artistry of Flowers - Creative Flower Arranging
- Artistry of Flowers - Ikebana for Beginners
- Calligraphy - Beginners and Continuing classes
- Collage Paper Images
- Gift Wrapping Workshop
- Knit One, Purl One
- Raranga - The Art of Maori Flax Weaving
More info on Creative Art, Craft & Design classes
- iPhone & iPad Workshop
- Do more with your Android
More info on Technology Classes
- Backyard Chicken Keeping
- Growing Food in a Small Space
- Growing and Preserving Fruits and Vegetables
- Introduction to Bee Keeping
- Living Waste Free
- Organic Gardening
More info on Sustainable Urban Living workshops
- Dance & Stretch with Rita
- Open Floor Dance Rhythms
- Ukelele Classes - Beginners & Continuing class
More info on Music, Rhythm & Dance classes
- Indian Cooking Workshops
- Creative Cupcake Decorating Workshop
- Pasta Making Workshop
More info on Culinary Delights Workshops
More great Community Classes
Parnell Trust supports Selwyn Community College Education classes including:
Art & Interior Design, Genealogy: Family History on the Internet, Te Reo Maori for BeginnersSugar-Free Living.
The college also runs a popular series of Think Talks by invited speakers, with a format similar to TED Talks.